Job no: 492397
Work type: Variable time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Performing arts, Programming & production
- Unique opportunity to join Arts Centre Melbourne as a Production Trainee
- Specialise in Lighting, Sound & Vision, Staging, Wardrobe or Venue Technician – Corporate Events
- Gain professional experience and obtain a qualification!
Arts Centre Melbourne is searching for passionate individuals wishing to join the Technical Production Traineeship program. There are five positions available for the 2019 Production Technical Traineeship program, one specific traineeship per department; Lighting, Sound & Vision, Staging, Wardrobe and Venue Technician-Corporate Events.
About the Traineeship & Eligibility
The Technical Production Traineeship program is aimed at people who have not yet commenced their professional careers. We looking for people who are keen to enter the industry and develop skills in theatre production by obtaining a Certificate III in Live Production & Services (CUA30415).
You will also need to satisfy our eligibility criteria:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
- Willingness to commit to the traineeship agreement. Traineeship duration is approximately 12 months.
- You have not completed a qualification equal to or above a Certificate III level in any similar technical production qualification. For example, completing a Cert III, Cert IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in any technical production discipline will make you ineligible.
- You must display a willingness to learn and commit to both the classroom based and on-the job training components of the Traineeship.
How, when and where?
Trainees will be recruited through November/December 2018 and shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a special information/interview session mid-late December. Selected Trainees will commence rostered work and learning activities at Arts Centre Melbourne from Tuesday 12 February 2019 and the traineeship will conclude in May 2020.
Trainees will be employed 20 hours per week on a variable time (part time) contract. Trainees will need to successfully complete two WH&S units of their course within the first three months. After this period, all trainees will continue to complete all other units from the CUA30415 Certificate III in Live Production & Services qualification.
Trainees will commence on a rate of $21.49 per hour (Band 1.1) and after successful completion of the first three months the rate increase to $23.15 per hour (Band 1.2).
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
If you would like to apply, please complete and submit the online application form by Sunday 25 November 2018. If you would like any further information please email email@example.com
Important Note: Only applications that complete the online application form will be considered for this role.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Position Description - Production Trainee 2018.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend