Job no: 492407
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Facilities & OH&S
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- $80,465 per annum plus superannuation plus generous penalty rates
- Full time, ongoing, ability to work a roster is a requirement
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. Home to Australia's leading performing arts companies, Arts Centre Melbourne presents exemplary international works alongside the best of Australian performing arts across genres including dance, theatre, music and opera, as well as delivering an award-winning program of creative learning, access and engagement. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
This role forms part of the Facilities Management Services team where the function is responsible for the strategic planning and effective operational management of the Arts Centre Melbourne services, buildings and precinct in delivering exceptional services to our customers, stakeholders, and the public.
The Engineering Officer is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the building systems ensuring assets, equipment and the surrounding environment is maintained to maximise availability of supply and services to our unique venues at the Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall Sidney Myer Music Bowl and surrounding buildings within the Arts precinct. This position necessitates the need to work a flexible schedule in support of a roster which includes evening and weekends. Roster options: Saturday to Wednesday or Sunday to Thursday.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Electrical A grade license or equivalent technical qualification with experience working in commercial building services environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Significant experience operating building management systems and maintenance management systems and undertaking risk assessments of work methods
- Knowledge of trade related standards and ability to interpret building plans, technical & schematic drawings
- Knowledge and experience on electrical installations, High Voltage and Low Voltage system maintenance. An authorised high voltage operator certification is desirable.
- Good understanding of OH&S Legislation, regulations and codes of practice, Building Codes and Relevant Section of BCA Essential Services Legislation.
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure and resolve complex issues that arise including fault finding of building related services
- There is an inherent requirement to be physically able to walk distances of up to 2-3 km’s, work at heights, and work outdoors, at times may include working in inclement weather conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before 25 November 2018. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Position Description - Engineering Officer Nov 2018.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend