Job no: 492423
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Programming & production
- Full time fixed term until September 2020
- Band 4.1.01 $85,379.55 per annum plus super
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne presents world-class performing arts in a year round exciting program. Experience Australia’s best performing arts companies and exceptional international productions, alongside celebrations of comedy, cabaret and popular music.
The Business Unit
The Production department sits within the Performing Arts pillar and comprises of a team that delivers production services for ACM across Staging, Lighting, Audio, Broadcast, Wardrobe, Stage Management, Safety/Training and Production Management to enable the safe and efficient delivery of events across all of our venues and spaces.
About the Position
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, this position is responsible for providing hands-on production management services to presenters and hirers at Arts Centre Melbourne, working directly with the event delivery teams, managing the end to end production management process and maintaining the highest standards in event delivery and safety at all times.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Significant experience in production management of large scale public events and/or arts festivals
- Significant experience in theatre production management, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong network within the theatre and event industry with key links to suppliers, agents, technical service providers, riggers and staffing agents
- Significant experience in the development and delivery of projects and the negotiation and delivery of successful outcomes within a complex environment
- Significant experience in the preparation of production schedules, event budgets and financial forecasting
- Well-developed expertise in relationship development and negotiation skills to reach successful outcomes
- A complete working knowledge of current OH&S practices and an understanding of operational capabilities and legislative and policy requirements
- A high level of computer based skills including fluency with Microsoft Office, Vectorworks and event/financial management (EBMS)
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants
Interested applicants must address the key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description below for further information, including the key criteria.
To submit your application, click on the Apply button below by Sunday 18 November 2018
Position Description Production Manager.pdf
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend