Coordinator, Capital Campaign
Job no: 492446
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, fixed term until 30 June 2020 with a view to extend
- $74,672 per annum plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
Philanthropy plays a critical role in extending the reach and impact of Arts Centre Melbourne’s cultural, education, access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. The desire is to grow philanthropic contribution to further extend this reach and impact.
All money raised is directed to the following four essential areas:
- Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to every Victorian
- Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of creatives and makers
- Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary talent
- Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural heritage
Philanthropic giving will also be a key part of realising the ambitions of Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the broader Melbourne Arts Precinct redevelopment - A successful philanthropic capital campaign, will be critical to raising vital funding to make this vision a reality.
The Coordinator, Capital Campaign, will assist in the achievement of the strategic goals of the Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne Capital Campaign by providing project administration and delivery support to the Philanthropy team.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Philanthropy - Major Giving, the role will undertake project coordination work in support of the Campaign's initiatives and manage the internal and external stakeholders of the Campaign, for example, coordinating or convening meetings, developing action plans and undertaking appropriate follow-up with tact and sensitivity.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in arts or business management, administration or fundraising.
- Excellent time management, project coordination and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and ensure the timely delivery of projects to both internal and external bodies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with the proven capacity and confidence to build relationships and effectively communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels, including colleagues, senior Executives and senior external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise tact and discretion and proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner
- Experience in preparing, organising and maintaining relevant documentation for Executive and Board level meetings
- Advanced proficiency in the use of software packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, and familiarity with relational database programs. Experience in the use of Tessitura is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before Thursday 13 December 2018. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Coordinator Capital Campaign Philanthropy - Position Description.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend