Building Maintenance Officer
Job no: 492449
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Facilities & OH&S
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, ongoing
- $59,003.69 per annum pro rata plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. Home to Australia's leading performing arts companies, Arts Centre Melbourne presents exemplary international works alongside the best of Australian performing arts across genres including dance, theatre, music and opera, as well as delivering an award-winning program of creative learning, access and engagement. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
This role forms part of the Facilities Management Services team where the function is responsible for the strategic planning and effective operational management of the Arts Centre Melbourne services, buildings and precinct in delivering exceptional services to our customers, stakeholders, and the public.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Building Maintenance Officer to carry out a variety of duties including furniture, furnishings and fittings for our theatre, and general building maintenance on our iconic venues; Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall and Sidney Myer Music Bowl.
Working collaboratively within the team, the Building Maintenance Officer will work efficiently and to the highest standard to ensure safety, production and theatre facility requirements are met.
To be successful you will require:
- A trade qualification eg. Carpentry or similar or have experience in maintaining building services.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintaining buildings and fixtures in a multi storey environment and possess a trade certificate or equivalent in building finishes related trade.
- A high level of understanding and actioning of task prioritisation and a high level of understanding and commitment to customer service are essential.
- Good communication skills are important, as the successful candidate will be dealing with a variety of people.
- Sound computer skills in using asset information management system would be an advantage.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before Wednesday 19 December. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Position Description Building Maintenance Officer.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend