Job no: 492452
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, fixed term until 30 June 2020 with a view to extend
- $85,379 per annum plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
Philanthropy plays a critical role in extending the reach and impact of Arts Centre Melbourne’s cultural, education, access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. The desire is to grow philanthropic contribution to further extend this reach and impact.
All money raised is directed to the following four essential areas:
- Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to every Victorian
- Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of creatives and makers
- Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary talent
- Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural heritage
Philanthropic giving will also be a key part of realising the ambitions of Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the broader Melbourne Arts Precinct redevelopment - A successful philanthropic capital campaign, will be critical to raising vital funding to make this vision a reality.
The Researcher role will play an integral role to drive Philanthropic income growth by conducting research on current and prospective major donors and developing valuable insights to enable targeted relationship building and build a strong fundraising pipeline.
Working collaboratively across the Philanthropy team, the Researcher will apply their analytical and strategic thinking to identify philanthropic patterns, trends, and opportunities which in turn support the ongoing vision of Arts Centre Melbourne.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in qualitative research, business analytics or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional qualitative research and writing skills, with the ability to consolidate information and write analytical reports in appropriate forms for different audiences.
- A proven track record in assessing, mapping, scoping and vetting fundraising prospects.
- Ability to manage diverse relationships required to operate effectively in a large organisation with multiple stakeholders and to build relationships with strategically important external individuals and stakeholders.
- Strong computer literacy skills and experience with database programs and working with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel.
- High-level organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and ensure the timely delivery of projects to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion and proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner for a public sector charitable organisation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before Thursday 13 December 2018. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Researcher - Philanthropy Position Description.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend