BIM Manager / Draftsperson
Job no: 492476
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Facilities & OH&S
- Full time, ongoing role
- $99,884 per annum pro rata plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. Home to Australia's leading performing arts companies, Arts Centre Melbourne presents exemplary international works alongside the best of Australian performing arts across genres including dance, theatre, music and opera, as well as delivering an award-winning program of creative learning, access and engagement. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Arts Centre Melbourne (ACM) and make an active contribution to the Reimagining Project. A key focus of the position is to liaise with the ACM Reimagining and Facilities Management teams, its architects, and consultants to ensure that all project information is included in the ACM’s drawing and asset management information systems. The position will require someone with exceptional interpersonal skills to coordinate the efforts of people to accomplish desired project goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively.
The BIM Manager/ Draftsperson will have a hands-on role in coordinating, implementing, and the maintenance of the digitalisation of the physical and functional characteristics of ACM’s assets and facilities. The position will prepare technical drawings and documentation for all buildings and sites to meet compliant standards.
To be successful you will require:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the efforts of people to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively.
- Proven track record of developing constructive relationships by effectively managing the competing demands of diverse stakeholders, interest groups and issues.
- Extensive experience in preparing and reviewing detailed technical information such as drawings, manuals and other relevant data.
- Knowledge and experience preparing detailed plans, asset information, project documentation in Autodesk Revit 2018.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and high-pressure environments with a high degree of customer service.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before 3 February 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
To be considered you may be required to undergo (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Position Description - BIM Manager Draftsperson - Jan 2019.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend