Accounts Assistant, AR, AP & Treasury
Job no: 492490
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Immediate start
- Maternity backfill - fixed term, 6 months
- $64,058 per annum plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. Home to Australia's leading performing arts companies, Arts Centre Melbourne presents exemplary international works alongside the best of Australian performing arts across genres including dance, theatre, music and opera, as well as delivering an award-winning program of creative learning, access and engagement. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
The Finance team collaborates across the organisation to ensure Arts Centre Melbourne maintains as a creative, capable, responsible and sustainable organisation.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, Accounting Operations, we are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to achieving tight deadlines. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Processing invoices and payment receipts
- Process accounts payable transactions and services to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Bank reconciliations and cash management operations
- Ensure appropriate financial records are maintained
- Processing corporate credit cards and collation of travel proposal forms
- Supplier statement reconciliations ensuring variances are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Subsidiary ledger reconciliations including aging analysis and management of relevant creditor ledgers
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Hold or actively pursuing a professional accounting qualification, ACA, CPA, or similar discipline.
- Have financial accounting experience or exposure working in medium to large scale organisation.
- A practical understanding of accounting principles and the application of goods and services tax, and fringe benefits tax.
- Experience in the use of a medium level finance package which interfaces with a number of key systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume. Please refer to the position description for further information.
Submit your application before 17 February 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Position Description - Accounts Assistant AR AP.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend