- Exciting opportunity to make a contribution the Reimagining Project for Melbourne Arts Precinct
- Full time, maximum term contract until 30 June 2020
- $80,460 per annum plus superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world. Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. Home to Australia's leading performing arts companies, Arts Centre Melbourne presents exemplary international works alongside the best of Australian performing arts across genres including dance, theatre, music and opera, as well as delivering an award-winning program of creative learning, access and engagement. The visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was further cemented by the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to support the Redevelopment team in the delivery of the Melbourne Arts Precinct Redevelopment and specifically the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne.
Working closely with the Redevelopment team, the Project Coordinator will play an integral role in overseeing a variety of coordination and administration outcomes including coordinating meetings/events, preparing presentations, document management, minute taking, and act as a point of contact of reference whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service.
The role will also provide dedicated administrative support to the Director, Reimagining Project, including diary management.
This is a terrific opportunity to show cast your proactive approach and ability to coordinate the efforts of people to accomplish desired project goals.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in project management or business administration or property or similar experience.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with diverse groups to coordinate a consensus outcome.
- Experience preparing and maintaining business documentation.
- High level verbal and written communication skills including experience developing a range of reports and correspondence.
- Experience in developing and maintaining professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information.
PD - Project Coordinator Redevelopment - March 2019.pdf
Submit your application before 24 March 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.