- Join our outstanding Visitor Experience team
- A rewarding opportunity to deliver exceptional customer service
- Multiple casual positions available
About Arts Centre Melbourne
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
The Business Unit
The Ticketing & Visitor Experience team sits within the Customer Experience pillar and is responsible for proactively delivering personalised services of value that create the ultimate experience before, during and after each visit.
The team is comprised of service and support teams for Ticketing, Front of House, Car Park, Welcome Team, Guided Tours and Applications that support all of these areas.
We are currently seeking professional and passionate individuals to deliver outstanding customer service to our visitors and to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the front of house areas (including ushering), carpark and foyer bars.
A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate is a requirement of this position.
In order to progress through this process you will need to be available for the following dates:
- Assessment Centres: Thursday 30 & Friday 31 May
- Interviews: Wednesday 5 - Wednesday 12 June
- Orientation Wednesday 10 July (full day)
- Customer Service Training: Thursday 11 July (evening)
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants
- Organisational-wide learning and development and well-being programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
Interested applicants must complete the application form and submit a current resume by Friday 24 May. Please refer to the position description below for further information:
Position Description Assistant Visitor Experience.pdf
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.