Event Sales Manager
Job no: 492542
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Hospitality
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Work with a high performing team
- Full time, 2 years fixed term
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne presents world-class performing arts in a year-round exciting program. Experience Australia’s best-performing arts companies and exceptional international productions, alongside celebrations of comedy, cabaret and popular music.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Position
The Conferences, Meetings & Events team sits within the Food & Beverage business unit and is responsible for the sales and planning of events for internal departments, resident companies and corporate clients of Arts Centre Melbourne function venues. Featuring unique function spaces, four theatres and dedicated pre-function areas, Arts Centre Melbourne is perfectly suited to host a wide range of functions and events, from intimate dinners and meetings through to impressive cocktail parties, corporate workshops, seminars and conferences. The highly-qualified events team at Arts Centre Melbourne ensure all events are delivered in a seamless fashion by providing expert advice and assistance through every step of the event.
Reporting to the Senior Event Sales Manager ,the Event Manager will be a pro-active leader who is responsible for their client’s events, monitoring the day-to-day workload of their events and ensuring that weekly and monthly objectives are met.
To find out what the Conferences, Meetings & Events team have been up to behind the curtain at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant professional or tertiary qualification in Event Management or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in the planning and execution of sales promotions to achieve lead and revenue generation
- Excellent ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description below for further information.
Submit your application before 26 May 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend