Building Maintenance Officer
Job no: 492563
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Facilities & OH&S
Building Maintenance Officer
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, ongoing
- $60,900 per annum pro rata plus superannuation
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the team
This role forms part of the Facilities Management Services team where the function is responsible for the strategic planning and effective operational management of the Arts Centre Melbourne services, buildings and precinct in delivering exceptional services to our customers, stakeholders, and the public.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Building Maintenance Officer to carry out a variety of duties including furniture, furnishings and fittings for our theatre, and general building maintenance on our iconic venues; Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall and Sidney Myer Music Bowl.
Working collaboratively within the team, the Building Maintenance Officer will work efficiently and to the highest standard to ensure safety, production and theatre facility requirements are met.
To be successful you will require:
- A trade qualification e.g. carpentry or similar or have experience in maintaining building services.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintaining buildings and fixtures in a multi storey environment and possess a trade certificate or equivalent in building finishes related trade.
- A high level of understanding and actioning of task prioritisation and a high level of understanding and commitment to customer service are essential.
- Good communication skills are important, as the successful candidate will be dealing with a variety of people.
- Sound computer skills in using asset information management system would be an advantage.
Team members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows.
- Food and beverage discounts at surrounding outlets and staff café.
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs.
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking.
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria before 28 July 2019. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Position Description - Building Maintenance Officer.pdf
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend