Senior Accountant, Accounting Operations
- Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, ongoing
- $96,400 base per annum plus superannuation
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne. For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the team
The Finance business unit is one of Arts Centre Melbourne’s core business units. As part of the Operations Pillar, the team collaborates across the organisation to support all aspects of Arts Centre Melbourne by developing a creative, capable, responsible and sustainable organisation.
The business unit is comprised of three key areas of activity:
- Financial accounting including financial operations, payroll, reporting & compliance;
- Performance including planning, reporting, analysis and business partnering;
- Strategic financial planning including finance transformation.
About the role
The Senior Accountant will lead a team to contribute to the operational effectiveness and efficiency of transactional and operational process of accounts payable, accounts receivable and event settlements function. The role will contribute to the financial management control environment ensuring a high level of transactional accuracy and integrity.
The Senior Accountant role will require someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who is customer focused to service across the organisation spanning from Performing Arts, Technical Production, Food and Beverage, Customer Experience, Corporate Services and Infrastructure.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, including ACA and CPA certification.
- Demonstrable experience in financial accounting and complex reconciliation work.
- Experience with general ledger data feeding from multiple data sources.
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, charts and graphs
- Ability to build strong business partnerships/relationships with a wide variety of people and organisational levels
- Strong communication and high customer service focus with a pro-active approach to problem-solving.
Full time, ongoing, salary $96,400 base per annum plus superannuation.
Team members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Food and beverage discounts at surrounding outlets and staff café
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the above key criteria by 25 August 2019.
Position Description - Senior Accountant, Accounting Operations
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.