Human Resources Advisor
Job no: 492716
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
Categories: Human Resources
- Seeking a Human Resources process, communications and administration guru!
- Salary $70,487 per annum plus super
- Full-time, ongoing role
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Position
The Human Resources Advisor is pivotal to providing excellent customer service and support to the Human Resources team and Arts Centre Melbourne. Nestled within a busy, passionate and fun team, this role supports the timely delivery and continuous improvement of all HR processes and communications across the full employee lifecycle. In particular, end-to-end recruitment, on-boarding, off-boarding, general employment queries and HR projects designed to enhance employee engagement.
We seek applications from experienced HR Administrators or Coordinators who have a talent for process/systems improvement and communications, but maintain a passion for hands-on customer service and administration.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent professional experience in Human Resources or relevant experience.
- Proven ability to analyse and improve processes incorporating a broad range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong customer service focus with a proactive approach to problem-solving and managing relationships with a variety of people at different levels.
- Knowledge of industrial relations frameworks and legislation and familiarity with industrial instruments including awards and enterprise agreements.
- Experience in performance management and employee relations matters.
- Highly developed communication, administration and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience with and understanding of Human Resources Information Systems and Talent management/recruitment systems.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the Position Description for further information.
To submit your application, click on the Apply button below by Monday 27 January 2020.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend