- Start off the Arts Centre Melbourne construction works for the Melbourne Arts Precinct Transformation Project (MAPT).
- Coordinating production schedules, storage and delivery of particular products and items during construction of the Loading Dock and thereafter.
- Developing processes and systems whereby delivery and waste activities are scheduled, tracked and managed alongside the construction works.
- Liaising with clients, resident companies, suppliers and staff to ensure deliveries are recorded, the delivery schedule is maintained and communicated to the builder.
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Position
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the integration of Arts Centre Melbourne’s operations with construction activity around the Precinct, by utilising their experience in working in live operating environments. Possessing a keen communications skillset, the Logistics Manager will take a leading role in the planning of all disruption activities, as well as be the conduit between the Arts Centre Melbourne and its live operating environment with construction on site and adjacent areas. Valuable skills for Logistics Managers include excellent communication, exceptional planning, reporting and organisational skills, and leadership abilities.
It's a fast paced, challenging and busy environment where every day is different and exciting and would be a perfect opportunity for anyone within the logistics or building operations field wanting be part of a transformative project.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in one or more of the following disciplines: Construction management, Project Management, Engineering or Architecture and/or extensive experience in building operations.
- Proven experience to execute the implementation plan for major projects that involve a large number of stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering major projects in a public facing, live operating environment, with competing demands and stakeholder complexity.
- Proven negotiation skills to achieve “win-win” outcomes for all parties while working well under pressure.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, particularly within project teams and operational teams of high performing professional staff, including external parties such as consultants.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in the preparation of reports, data collection, correspondence and contract documents and contract management.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of a performing arts, cultural or entertainment complex, with experience in some aspect of related renewal (e.g. theatre technical systems, public realm, foyer spaces, auditorium fit-out and engineering services).
Full time, 2 years maximum term, salary $124,700 base per annum plus superannuation.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
Interested applicants must address the above key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information.
PD - Logistics Manager - Feb2021.pdf
To submit your application, click on the Apply button below by 7 March 2021. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.