Philanthropy Executive, Trusts & Foundations
Job no: 492731
Work type: Part time ongoing
Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Contribute to the performing arts for future generations
- Part time role, ongoing
- Circa $96,000 remuneration packages (full time)
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations, practitioners and institutions in the world.
Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians - culturally, educationally, socially and economically. A visionary masterplan for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was launched with the Victorian Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
Philanthropy has always played a critical role at Arts Centre Melbourne, successfully extending the reach and impact of the cultural, education, access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. By continuing to grow philanthropic contributions through private donors and Trusts and Foundations we aim to further extend this reach for future generations.
All money raised is directed to the following essential areas:
- Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to every Victorian
- Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of creatives and makers
- Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary talent
- Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural heritage
Philanthropy is also leading the Capital Campaign for the Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne redevelopment project.
The Arts Centre Melbourne Private Giving (major gifts) team within Philanthropy is expanding as we are actively growing our major gifts fundraising program.
The Philanthropy Executive, Trusts and Foundations, will conduct the full cycle of grant proposal submissions including research, identify and manage the proposal, impact reporting, funding acquittals, and evaluation. The role is also responsible for delivering an effective advocacy strategy for Arts Centre Melbourne with the Trusts and Foundations sector.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful as Philanthropy Executive, Trusts and Foundations you will have:
- Experience and demonstrated success in developing high quality grant proposals or tenders or related fundraising experience
- A thorough working knowledge of Trusts and Foundations in Australia, particularly Melbourne
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely through different mediums and to different audiences
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Ability to work cross-organisationally to identify opportunities and gain solid understanding of project objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of how evaluation and high quality acquittal supports philanthropy growth and funder relationships.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description for further information including detailed key criteria. Position Description - Philanthropy Executive Trusts and Foundations_FINAL (1).docx
Submit your application before 8 March 2020. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend