- Hourly rate $21.21 plus 25% casual loading
- Uniform supplied
- Enjoy great employee benefits, see below list
About the Role
The Kitchen Steward is responsible for contributing to seamless kitchen operation by maintaining the highest quality environment and providing support to the team. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with and support the culinary team
- Ensure all food safety procedures are followed
- Operate commercial dishwashers
- Work independently
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Flexibility to work a 7-day week rotating roster including nights and weekends
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A positive attitude and an ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to follow instruction and adapt to competing demands
- Adhere to cleaning schedules and standards and ability to always maintain hygiene and cleanliness
- Good communication skills
For more details, please read the Position Description - Kitchen Steward EA 2022
About Arts Centre Melbourne
The land on which Sidney Myer Music Bowl and Arts Centre Melbourne sits has long been a place of gathering, storytelling, song, ceremony, celebration and commemoration for First Nations people.
The People of the Kulin Nations have gathered on the site for thousands of years and continue to do so today. We pay our respects to their elders, past, present and emerging.
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy:
- Complimentary tickets
- Discounts at food & beverage outlets
- Great location close to public transport
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking
- Access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs, and the Smiling Mind app.
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programs which includes specific support to our First Nations team members via their I-CARE program and providing specific counsellors for members of the LGBTQIA+ community and People of Colour.
Arts Centre Melbourne welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, Disabled and Deaf people, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and people of all ages.
We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process, please send an email to email@example.com
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria.
Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with Arts Centre Melbourne’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all Arts Centre Melbourne employees in relevant roles be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes. Prior to commencement of employment with Arts Centre Melbourne you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.