- Flexible work arrangements (hybrid on-site / work from home) available
- On Call on a rotational basis
- Full time ongoing role
- Be part of an exciting cloud migration project
- Great employee benefits including discounted commuter benefits and onsite parking.
About the Role
As a Systems Administrator you will contribute to the implementation, configuration and administration of the IT systems that underpin ACM’s technology solutions. You will possess strong all-round knowledge and experience in the fields of cloud services, storage, server support and maintenance, network connectivity, network security, end point protection and wireless connectivity.
Amongst other tasks, the role is responsible for preventative maintenance checks, monitoring, and system reliability; acting as a key escalation point for all server, system, and network infrastructure; maintaining currency of patches, service packs and endpoint protection on servers; and ensuring all systems are correctly backed up in accordance with agreed schedules.
Full-Time ongoing position. Band 4.3.25 $109,984.00 plus superannuation.
Your Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent professional qualification in Information Technology or related discipline essential
- Certified in relevant fields (Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, VMWare etc.)
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS)
- Professional background in information technology infrastructure support or related roles.
- Experience working with ITIL-based processes.
- Extensive experience managing and delivering large scale networks.
- Experience managing firewalls for various functions.
- Extensive experience managing routing, switching, Wi-Fi.
- Experience managing public cloud environments
- Experience prioritising and balancing competing priorities with competing resource requirements.
- Technical change management experience.
- Advanced technical problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of, and experience with various project management methodologies including agile and waterfall.
- Understanding of broad technology security considerations.
This position has a requirement to be on call as a part of a rotating roster. This involves responding to incidents (remotely logged in or onsite visit where necessary) on weekends and evenings.
For more information, please read the Position Description - Systems Administrator.pdf.
About Arts Centre Melbourne
The land on which Sidney Myer Music Bowl and Arts Centre Melbourne sits has long been a place of gathering, storytelling, song, ceremony, celebration and commemoration for First Nations people.
The People of the Kulin Nations have gathered on the site for thousands of years and continue to do so today. We pay our respects to their elders, past, present and emerging.
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements
- Complimentary tickets
- Discounts at food & beverage outlets
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite parking
- Access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs, and the Smiling Mind app.
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programs which includes specific support to our First Nations team members via their I-CARE program and providing specific counsellors for members of the LGBTQIA+ community and People of Colour.
Arts Centre Melbourne welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, Disabled and Deaf people, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and people of all ages.
We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria by at 11:55pm, 15th of August 2022. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with Arts Centre Melbourne’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all Arts Centre Melbourne employees in relevant roles be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes. Prior to commencement of employment with Arts Centre Melbourne you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.